Shower doors, glass, mirrors, questions and concerns

Hello everyone,
My name is Jeff and I just wanted to let you all know that if anyone has questions regarding shower doors, measuring, installation, care and Maintenance, glass, mirrors, or any glazing questions please feel free to post them, and I'll answer them as soon as I can.
Thank you,
Jeff Salmeto The Shower Door Store Quality Shower Enclosures For Your Home www.theshowerdoorstore.com

Any down side to using low iron (eg Opticlear) glass in a shower?
No, using a low iron glass is just as good as using regular iron glass, so long as it is a safety or tempered piece of glass. In the shop, we use a glass called Starfire. Starfire glass is the same as an opticlear glass, in that it has a low iron content. If you place a piece of glass with low iron content next to one with a higher iron content, it will be very similar in color from the front to an untrained eye. You will really notice the difference from the side. Iron makes glass look green in tint and a low iron glass makes it look clear or bluish clear from the edges. It's all personal preference
Jeff Salmeto The Shower Door Store Quality Shower Enclosures For Your Home www.theshowerdoorstore.com
On Jan 24, 4:23 pm, "CWatters"
message

Thanks.
responding to http://www.homeownershub.com/construction/Shower-doors-glass-mirrors-questions-and-concerns-5796-.htm knagle wrote: Thank goodness! I have a glass shower surround. The top hinge on the door broke off. The contractor sent me a replacement hinge.
It looks like I take the door down, take the frame off the glass, slide in new hinge and put frame back on the glass. Right?
My only concern is that there is a string of black rubber going all around where the glass meets the frame. I'll have to break that seal. How do I replace it? It's not caulk. It's more like a long piece of rubber and it looks really important.
Thank you.
The Shower Door Store wrote: