Shelters Concrete vs. Steel for the money

I live in Jackson Tenn were we just had a big Tornado. I'm looking at a Concrete Storm Shelter for $2,400 vs Steel Shelter for $7,000 the same size. I was told by the steel people that the Concrete will leak through over time. I was thinking before I put the concrete in the ground put a rubber sealer on both sides?? Sure steel is better but for the $4,600 difference???
What is the scoop on that.. Any sites telling me the difference> Dave raveATusit.net swap the AT with @
David wrote:

I'd suggest looking at the tornado-resistant room in the basement or an inside closet rather than the buried standalone shelter, particularly in an area such as you are where they're relatively infrequent events. Look at the Texas A&M site (sorry, don't know a direct url otomh) for tips.
It would certainly be possible to waterproof the concrete bunker well enough--you're only looking for shelter for a few hours at most. The disadvantage imo is that they all get very stale because they're not used frequently and where it rains as it does where you are, that's more of a problem out here (W KS) where it's drier.
Travel through Jackson frequently between here and Oak Ridge where were for 25 years or so...hope "y'all" are doing as well as can be after.
Greensburg here is rebuilding everyday after last spring completely leveled 95% of the town for some encouraging words...

And the concrete guys will say that the steel will rust and perforate over time! Properly done concrete should be more than adaquate, assuming you are not talking thousands of square feet! (Don't forget you can always put in a sump/pump if that is an issue).