Running Coaxial Behind Finished Wall

We're re-arranging our furniture in the basement and realized that when we built the house we didn't run rg6 to the new TV location. So far my solution is to use some wiremold from the junction box (which would require about 18 feet) and run the rg6 through that but we're hoping there's a solution to running it through the wall that isn't too painful.
http://www.jerryalan.com/images/layout.gif shows a basic diagram of where the TV will be located in relation to where the junction box is. The TV could end up in the corner too, we've not decided on that yet. Both walls are outside walls in the basement.
Thanks for any suggestions!
--
Jerry

And the construction is....?

Michael Bulatovich wrote:

Replies like this always crack me up. I did a google groups search regarding my topic and this group came up so I thought someone here might know something about it. There are discussions all over this group regarding running rg6 through unfinished walls so I didn't think asking about running it through finished walls made it so far off-topic.
Oh well,
--
Jerry

So you're saying the finished wall is simply painted concrete? In that case you'll need a jackhammer.
If the wall construction is something else, you'll need a different method.

Who mentioned concrete?

Regardless of the construction material, I feel safe in saying that your proposed method should work ; )
Steve Foley wrote:

The walls are sheet rock.
--
Jerry

Guess you were wrong.
He's asking what type of construction ... wood frame, block, solid concrete, steel building ... interior wall, exterior wall. The type of construction makes a big difference on how the question is answered.

Is there a basement under this room? If so you could run a new coax cable from someplace in the basement to the TV through the floor.

Sorry didnt read that this was in the basement. Your solution you posted is the only one. Unless you want to dig down along your foundation and run it out then in, which IMO is a huge, dangerous pain in the ass.
I am assuming you do not have a drop ceiling, no?

Jack wrote:

No, it's sheet rock. Now I'm wishing I put one in though.
-- Jerry

How about a wireless solution? Should work perfectly from that short distance.
--
Steve Barker

"Jerry" < snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com> wrote in message
Steve Barker wrote:

Hmm. I didn't know there was a wireless solution for that. Would there be any degradation of the HD signal if I sent it wireless?
-- Jerry

I'm not familiar with the devices. I only know that they exist. google is your friend.
--
Steve Barker

"Jerry" < snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com> wrote in message
Steve Barker wrote:

I'm aware of google but in your previous post you stated that the wireless solution should work perfectly from that short distance which gave me the impression that you are familiar with the product. I did a google search and found that people have problems with the signal quality so I'll have to pass on that. Thanks for the suggestion though.
-- Jerry

Finished room with sheetrock? Just pull off the baseboard, should give you enough clearance to route a groove in the drywall for the cable and then put the baseboard back on.
Tim.