Room Trim Base and Door Casing size ?

Hello

As I repaint the bedroom I am also changing the base trim and the door casing.

The base trim is 9/16" thick. The Door casing is either 9/16" or 5/8".

Should I use the 9/16" Door casing to match the base? Or Should I use the

5/8" door casing which is 1/16" thicker?

Thanks

Reply to
Tube Audio

Tack some pieces in place and see which looks best to you. LikeIy it will be the 5/8". Wider looks better, too.

Reply to
Joe

The profile of each matters. If both were just flat boards, being of equal thicknesses could give you a "seamless" flow one to another. OTOH, thicker casing gives you something to butt the base against.

Reply to
dadiOH

The door casing is always a little thicker than the base that butts it, use 5/8.

Reply to
windcrest

It usually looks better if they aren't the same thickness.

Reply to
Cwatters

Door trim looks better if it sticks out further than the baseboard..gives the BB something to butt up against so IMO, the thicker is better.

Reply to
Rudy