Room Trim Base and Door Casing size ?

Hello
As I repaint the bedroom I am also changing the base trim and the door casing.
The base trim is 9/16" thick. The Door casing is either 9/16" or 5/8".
Should I use the 9/16" Door casing to match the base? Or Should I use the 5/8" door casing which is 1/16" thicker?
Thanks

Tack some pieces in place and see which looks best to you. LikeIy it will be the 5/8". Wider looks better, too.
Tube Audio wrote:

The profile of each matters. If both were just flat boards, being of equal thicknesses could give you a "seamless" flow one to another. OTOH, thicker casing gives you something to butt the base against.
--

dadiOH

The door casing is always a little thicker than the base that butts it, use 5/8.

It usually looks better if they aren't the same thickness.

Door trim looks better if it sticks out further than the baseboard..gives the BB something to butt up against so IMO, the thicker is better.