Removing Window Pane

Hi Folks,
I need to remove a glass window pane that is fastened with silicone adhesive to an aluminum frame. I've tried a putty knife and a utility knife with virtually no success.
On 12/12/2010 9:28 AM, Winchester861 wrote:

razor blade and a hammer.
--
Steve Barker

OK, I'll buy some blades. Would a heat gun also help?
On 12/12/2010 1:47 PM, Winchester861 wrote:

probably not.
--
Steve Barker

Good, because I don't have one. I did buy the razor blades though. I haven't done anything yet because it's colder than a witch's tit and I want to have at least a decent day to complete the job.
I wonder if vinegar would help release the hold? Or is it alchohol. I know one of the granite setting men using silicon would was with either a vinegar or alcohol. Does anyone know for sure? john