Removing Epoxy Pebble Flooring

I have a concrete patio that was overlaid with epoxy pebble or aggregate several years ago. The epoxy is slowly disintegrating so I want to remove it. What is the best method of doing this?

Reply to
Ralph Edwards

call your flatwork guy and have him do one of two things:

a. jackhammer and remove and replace b. pour a two inch topping over the old.

Reply to
Steve Barker

Grind it off...

Reply to
PeterD

Thanks. I took a cold chisel to a small spot and much to my delight, the epoxy flooring came up quite easily. I was able to remove all of it with just a flat shovel.

Reply to
Ralph Edwards

Ralph Edwards wrote the following:

That would have been the first thing I'd try before asking for solutions.

Reply to
willshak