red brick redo

Does anyone know how to create the old world look of partially exposed red brick and stucco on an interior wall? I have a chimney I want to redecorate this way. Please help!!
Add pictures here
✖
I would get some stucco and do a test on a quickly built up brick wall. Get some mortar mix, some used brick, mix up some mortar, put the bricks together........then use a plaster board, and trowel and start mudding. You can carve out places, make cracks, and when all is done, clean with muratic acid any lime stains..... jloomis

Add pictures here
✖
On Mar 6, 3:05 pm, snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

I have done this a few times with those thin bricks ( 1/4 inch thick ). First you put a brown coat on the chimney then when you apply the finished stucco you can butter up the back of the bricks and place them right into the stucco while its wet in any pattern you like.
Add pictures here
✖