Race you to the top

Page 1 of 2
http://web.mit.edu/newsoffice/2007/lemelson-0214.html?tr=y&auid $07011
I want one.

Yeah do drugs twice a fast without a needle, COOL!!

Needle free injection technology??? Did I ever show you the 200 30 year old scars on my shoulders? They give you so many shots in the army that you are *required by law* to carry a little journal on your person at all times showing what shots you've had. **When I was in the army all soldiers had to have their Shot Records, ID Card and Dog Tags on them 24/7. Failure to do so resulted in an article 15. Most of the shots came from a gun, in groups of 3. bam, Bam, BAM!

If you did, the wife took those nakid pix of yours and uses them to enhance her private pleasures.

Apparently you didn't get the "Docility Shot", or you're immune, prolly the latter...creepy, (hear ya). Ken
"RicodJour"> wrote

None for me, I'm terrified of heights. LOL

The rope climber of the drug injector?

If the rope climber is going up less than 20 or 30 feet, just the climber. Any higher than that and I think I'd have to be higher than that so I'd take both.
Interesting little doohickey and it's about the size of a small power tool. Wait until it finds its way onto construction sites. If it can lift a guy and his 100 pounds of equipment it can certainly do a lot of hoisting work. Think about all the applications. It will become indispensable to a lot of people. Think stock.
I wonder if the inventor is another Dean Kamen in the making.
"RicodJour"> wrote

I'm imagining a mexican laborer being dragged up the side of a unfloated concrete block 20 story condo on Vanderbilt Beach in Naples, FL. and suffering severe abrasions on 75% of his body, then he hits the wrong button and plunges into a pulp at the bottom. OSHA will never approve it......

Who said it had to lift people? The applications are endless. Lifting personnel is only a very small portion of what it could do.

Add one under each sleeve with mini-suction-cups and you can do anything a spider can.

Hardly a day goes by in SW FL without a mexican laborer getting killed or severly injured on a jobsite.

???
Don wrote:

Yeah, non-hispanic people never get injured on the job.
--
Bill
in Hamptonburgh, NY

The thing is though that most construction is 5 stories or less and usually there are plenty of Lulls on site for sitting stuff up that high. (the example in the article cited 3 stories) None the less, you're right, it would require 2 people to work the thing. 1 on the bottom to run the device and 1 on the top to make sure the device stays anchored. I have repelled and its advisable to change ropes after 10-20 ascends/descends and under all circumstances the ropes need to be visually inspected after and during each use. I suspect the same is true for cables.

30 stories - the article stated 30 stories. Hell of a Lull! BTW lul is a Dutch word for penis. The Dutch have great slang. kuttelikkertje † a small dog for ladies note literally : small pussy licker

Once you set a piton, do you station a man at each one to make sure they stay anchored? No, you do it right the first time. Your life depends on it and that's pretty fair dinkum motivation for most people.

30 stories - the article stated 30 stories. Hell of a Lull!
*I erred.*
BTW lul is a Dutch word for penis. The Dutch have great slang. kuttelikkertje ? a small dog for ladies note literally : small pussy licker
I'll never type LOL again without remembering that. :-)

Once you set a piton, do you station a man at each one to make sure they stay anchored? No, you do it right the first time. Your life depends on it and that's pretty fair dinkum motivation for most people.
I didn't say piton, I said rope.

A remote version would require a crane...unless you're thinking of what Batman used - shoot a Bat Dart into the attachment point (try not to kill one of the guest stars peering out of the windows) and use the Bat Ascender. One guy climbing the building to make it far easier on all of the other trips up. Hardly seems like a penalty, or a flaw. The whole point is to have something that is easily portable and easy to use.

Could the cables be pre-installed? Stored as a coil, in a box, at locations at top of the building, then released electrically, as required. Ken