Question about roofing

How much does three packs of shingles cover. My guess, "square" = 100 square feet.
--

Yours,
Dan S.

That is correct.
there looking like an envelope without any address on it?

this would be true...
oh and use the heavier felt... er tar paper...
and freeze barrier if'n you get snow...

Typical consumer grade shingles are 3 bundles per 100 square feet. Architectural shingles can be 4 or even 5 bundles per square as they are much thicker and heavier.
--
Dennis

On Jul 24, 12:24 am, snipped-for-privacy@SPAMwowway.com (DT) wrote:

Yep. And get the RKtectural shingles. If you are doing it yourself you are a moran if you don't.
BTW: A metal roof is being installed on the lake house as we speak.
-Tom Enright

Why? It isn't like regular shingles are HARD to put on, architecturals just let you be totally non-precise.

One of the old school barn looking ones, or one of the ones that looks like shingles?
--
Aaron

Company, hath been the spoil of me.

Exactly. Saves time and, IMO, looks much better.

Olde skool. Like this:
http://www.casualcountryloghomes.com/Metal%20Roof.jpg
-Tom Enright

In rec.sport.football.college snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

I'm not sure it really saves much time, but I do think they look better.

I want a metal roof, but my wife only likes the ones that look like shingles.
--
Aaron

company, hath been the spoil of me.

Big bucks. Meet her halfway. Get the regular metal roof and hand her a hammer and scribe.
-Tom Enright

In rec.sport.football.college snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

Exactly...
Ummm... I don't really want to get hit in the testicles with a hammer and scribe, thanks.
--
Aaron

Tom Enright wrote:

Metal roof? So you admit to not getting the RKtectural shingles... Moran, I suppose.
--
Art

On Jul 23, 9:23 pm, Dan S.

I'd better drink some coffee, because I thought you were asking about roofies..... drugs.... heh
Peach

Somethin tells me that Mr Dan the Irish Fan aint about that
On Jul 23, 10:23 pm, Dan S.

...and buy a good grade of shingles. Dont be getting all cheap.
snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com explained :

I'll may be doing the work for a wal-mart employee. She'd try and get away with using the tar paper if she could.
--

Yours,
Dan S.

that's o.k. then when the rain comes in, you can giggle like a school girl and point at her...

That, by itself, will be of little help. There is more to consider. For example, exposure & coverage. Your manufacturer can give you acceptable guidelines in which you have flexibility.
http://www.ruraltech.org/projects/conversions/briggs_conversions/briggs_ch10/briggs_chapter10_complete.asp#square
Heiman