qu: vertical foundation crack

I have a vertical foundation crack in my home.

it is a vertical crack in poured concrete (below the brick). it is up against the garage portion of my home. it is 2 feet or more vertical in length. I have not dug down to see how far below the surface it goes. it is not a wide crack (not even 16th of an inch). I think it may have occured after a flood I had (about 10 months ago) occured on the west side of my property (in between my house and the house next door). I do not have a basement underneath the garage portion of my home.

should it be of concern? I have read that as long as it isn't a wide crack or doesn't get wider it may not be of concern. I don't think the crack is big enough that I could fill it with any type of caulk or filler.

also, someone has told me that since it is up against my garage and there is no basement below the garage, it is not of as much concern as a vertical crack going all the way down to the basement of my house. is this true?

thanks all comments are much appreciate

BA

Reply to
worldnet newsgroups

Not to sure about the second bit of advice, but it doesn't sound like a big issue for now. I'd keep an eye on it.

Reply to
hawgeye

One little 1/16" crack, you have better things to worry about

Reply to
ransley

I always "guarantee" 2 things to my clients when I pour concrete. #1. Concrete will crack. #2. I am not sure where...........

Reply to
jloomis

Agree with all. I would forget it.

Reply to
Glenn

Don't fret too much about structure on this small detail. However, the bugs may like it. Fill it to keep 'em out.

Reply to
Dioclese