PVC and Sunlight question.

I am demolishing my house and building a new house. I want to keep the irrigation system going, so I was going to run a temporary main feed above ground away from the house around the perimeter of the lot. I live in Florida so the pipe will be exposed to intense sunlight at times. The new construction won't be completed for 12-14 months maybe even a little more. The pipe is 1 1/2" Sch 40. Will it hold up in the sun for that length of time? Any alternatives? Thanks in advance.
Mike
check out: <http://www.pweagleinc.com/literature/tb/tb-d9.pdf
what about using a roll of black plactic pipe...may be cheaper even if you have to replace it. Plus it would be way more flexible if a machine driver "got outta bounds"
Good luck
DAC

I live in Florida too. I had 200' of 1" on the ground, and covered it with roofing shingles. Just tore it out last weekend after three years with no problems. my2cents.
--
please reply to bargerw NO @ SPAM bellsouth.net and remove the NOSPAM

"vMike" < snipped-for-privacy@noZorY.geZwaYrrenY.com> wrote in message
vMike wrote:

Mike-
You'll be fine for that short an exposure.....
a couple questions
is this going to be new pipe or is it used?
Are you going to re-use the pipe after construction?
Painting the pipe with a latex paint will protect it.
here is a short report on the topic
http://www.pweagleinc.com/literature/tb/tb-d9.pdf
it reinforces my experience...pipe becomes "brittle" ie impact resistance reduced but it takes a few years
I've got a crappy sprinkler manifold installation (white PVC..not the good grey stuff) haven't gotten around to re-doing it....been in service since 1980, west side of the house in SoCal, full sun everyday for half the day.
cheers Bob

above
new
more.
Thanks for your response. I am using new pipe and would like to reuse it later if I can, although it may not be possible. Thanks for the link, it was pretty informative.
Mike
Just give it a couple of coats of white spray paint. That will protect it from sun damage.
--
Steve Barker