Premier Home Builders/USA Five Star Homes LP in Little Elm, TX

Hi all,
Awhile back, I posted a rant about being cheated by Premier Home Builders in Little Elm, TX. Well, I was cheated and I am out a fair bit of cash. I am posting my final reply to the BBB in Denton County after being denied my refund for deposit/upgrades. My purpose is to hopefully prevent another person for falling for the same scam. I am not sure where to effectively post this since most people don't search groups to begin with. Any help to make sure it reaches a mass audience would be appreciated.
Secondly, they are changing their name to USA Five Star Homes LP because their reputation under Premier Home Builders is obviously damaged.
Due to premier's failure to make any progress in any way that can be considered timely, we were forced by their negligence and blatant disregard to look elsewhere for a home. Every week we were told by Premier that work would begin and when we would drive to the site to verify absolutely nothing would be done. We would then complain to Premier and their excuse was that something out of their control was responsible. This happened every week for 6 months. For example, one of their favorite excuses is to blame the housing inspectors for Little Elm, TX. When I finally called the inspectors about why they are not inspecting my home they offered a different story. The inspectors informed me that Premier can not keep a clean work site and they are constantly having permits withheld to force them into compliance. Secondly, the inspectors will respond within 24 hours to an inspection request. However, payment must be made prior to the inspection and Premier is notorious for not paying their bills. When I asked why I could not have my plumbing rough inspected after 4 months of waiting every week. The answer was simple. Premier had not paid the fees associated with the inspection. Surely, after 4 months, they had the money from the bank loan to pay for it. The question was why were they not paying it?
After hours of research about Premier Home Builders, it seems I am not alone. There is an unofficial term for people like me. We are called "Premier Busts". Many of my neighbors were also victims of Premier Home Builders This pattern of lying and accepting deposits with no attention of following thru and completing the work per the contract is their modus operandi. I have subsequently learned that many homes have liens against them by builders due to Premier's failure to pay their debts. There is only one way to describe a business that has a continuous pattern of deceit and that is quite simply to say that they are crooks.
I cannot say that I am surprised in the very least that I would be denied my request for a refund. After all, they have made no attempt to rectify the situation. They will not return a phone call. The only recent response I got from them was because I complained about them directly in front of a potential customer, or should I say victim, while showing a home. While living in the same community where Premier builds, I have really got to notice how poorly the houses are built. Job sites are left unattended for months. They are exposed to the elements. While I am no expert on construction, this can not lead to a well built house. I may have been cheated out of $2,800 but I have to think I got off easy. I could be stuck with a house that they built! I am not sure who will read this response but if it dissuades one customer from making the same mistake that I did then it was worth it.
Robert Woolley wrote:

The Attorney General for your state, or your local representative could help as well. I've solved a couple problems related to computer stuff by writing the Atty. General for Michigan.
Hope you're well, Ian
--
http://sundry.ws /

Talk to your contractor licensing board as well. In our state they control all licencing and as an inspector we check the validity of that license prior to allowing a permit.
Terry

I am going through the same problem in McKinney, TX. My house supposedly has been under construction since January, 2007 when they took my money. Nothing but excuses have happened. Just today I found out that the City of McKinney placed a hold on their construction because they need to pay fees and fines to the city They promised me that the home would be built by July, 2007. It is horrid! The plumping is all wrong-the toilet is under what is supposed to be the stairs.
They do not return phone calls and the salesman Mr. Ed Lynch just offers exuses on what is going on. It is my understanding that many of the homes being constructed now have liens. The vendors do not want to do business with them because they are owed money. We have always been told that the problem lies with the City of McKinney Building Inspectors, not Premer Homes/5 Star Homes.
The only difference between me and the other buyers is that I have about finished my investigation and I am going to sue them for my money back! I am also planning on going to the media for coverage on the fraud that is committed by the family behind Premier Homes.
If anyone is interested in getting more information send me an email at snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com.
On Fri, 22 Jun 2007 17:37:49 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com wrote:

Fellows, I wish you well. I believe this is more than a civil dispute. It looks like fraud to me. I would contact the District Attorney in each county. Find as many victims as possible; band together.
--Andy Asberry-- ------Texas-----

Thanks, I plan to do that this week. I investigated the company and it seems that the family has various "corporations" that they are hiding behind. In fact when I was at the sales office on Saturday in McKinney and I overheard another buyer who was also very upset because her house is supposed to close and there are various items missing in her house and the walls now have black mold. But because they have not paid their vendors things cannot get fixed. I also saw 2 other people drop off earnest money $4K. I have a feeling that this is a problem where they are doing contracts on mulitple lots in hopes that people will get frustrated and lose their earnest money. Certainly FRAUD is the word here.

I called the DA in Collin County and I was advised to file a request for a criminal investigation. Meanwhile I hope others will come forward, and I hope to get my money earnest money back real soon!
Has this builder been in the news about any of this? Please share a link if so. Also check out the following sites for consumer complaints on builders:
www.hadd.com www.hobb.org www.rateyourbuilder.com
As someone who has done work for a consumer organization here's a few tips:
Keep complaints really brief and factual, no ranting, swearing etc. Find out who to direct complaints of this sort to at the agencies already mentioned. When a builder is messing with your money or there are lending issues report it to the US Dept of Housing and Urban Development, because quite a few builders are causing this agency to lose money by making bad loans thru their own lenders: http://www.hud.gov/offices/oig/hotline / HUD Office of the Inspector General
On Jun 27, 6:27 pm, snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com wrote:

Thank you so much!! I also went to ripoffreport.com I found someone who has a very similiar story. This may be another good source to bring Premier Homes to the center of attention with the District Attorney and the media.
We supplied the post tension cables to a concrete man in littile elm, anna , and forney. they never paid the concrete man so we did not get paid, is there a law suite being filed aginst the? if so mabey we should locate more people they did this too and make it class action? I will check the links out above.
Thanks
We are in the process in building a 5-Star home at Sunset Point and my wife really loves the house. We are having the same problems in delays and being off schedule. We put our earnest money in March 06', the house was supposed to be completed in Sept 06', then April 07, now moved to Sept 07'.
Alberto snipped-for-privacy@greyhound.com