Possible to move a jucuzzi tub?

Just a few years ago we remodeled our bath, now we are thinking of completely building a new house. The bathtub is cemented into place when installed. Is it possible to remove the tub to reinstall into the new house, or is it going to be so much easier to replace it.

Thanks

Reply to
Bryan

I am no professional but will offer my 2 cents...

Seems to me that by the time you pay to have it torn out, moved and a replacement put in you may break even against just putting a new one in the new home. I would do some cost comparison.

Reply to
YYZedd

What do you plan to do with the space where you are removing the tub? Unless the old house is being demolished, you would have to replace it with something. Buying a new tub for the new house is probably the most cost efficient.

Reply to
Ron

Yes sorry, old house is coming down, I just hate to see such a nice tub get tossed. It's only been used like a dozen time, and only 1/2 those with the jets on. We're just not the bath type family, showers much easier.

I can't think of an easy way to separate it from the cement bed w/o destroying it. I probably will buy a new one, different style or shape; but still hate to se such a good tub go to waste.

On another note, any good sites on radiant floor info, such as install costs, operating costs vs. other types such as heat pumps, geo thermal, etc?

Reply to
Bryan

Try googling "radiant floor heating". This is one site:

tub is probably still the best option. Just think of the labor and time to remove a tub that you can replace for $1000-1500.

Reply to
Ron

What do you have to loose by trying to reclaim the tub? If it's trashed, no loss other than a few hours...if it pops loose, you have tub.

What type of radiant floor are you looking for? In the basement, workshop, garage, and covered porch, I used in-floor water. Under the tile in the BR's it'll be NuHeat Low voltage electric used for specific locations.

Types of home heating may depend some on what type of construction you choose. Geo ROI when used in ICF construction is MUCH longer than when using traditional 2X construction methods. Is the payoff within an acceptable range for you?

Best of luck!

DAC

messagenews:NZWdnSNwl9yt2CXYnZ2dnUVZ snipped-for-privacy@comcast.com...

Reply to
DAC

Well, if you don't use it, and aren't 'bath people', why do you want to move it? Just build the new house with a less expensive standard tub.

As for the radiant floor, if you are looking for a one room solution like the bathroom, try Sun Touch floor warmers. They install in the mortar under the tile and come in a wide variety of sizes. They are geared around do it yourself installation. Very simple to hookup to the wall controller. Available at Lowes and Home depot, although only Lowes stocks them in my area.

Reply to
DT