Plumbing Question

We all know that 1/4" per foot is the minimum slope for sewer pipe with solids. My question is this: Is a drop of 1/2" per foot ok or even more or should you 90 elbo it down to continue the 1/4" drop.
--
Robert Olin
Bob\'s Water & Septic LLC

My understanding is to not exceed the 1/4/foot. The low flush toilets just don't have the volume to clean the lines and excess pitch just tends to leave solids. You would not change grade with a 90 down, but rather, two 45's.
--
Keep the whole world singing . . . .

Dan, Your thinking about the low slope and moving solids in a sanitary sewer is on track, however , it's acceptable to go up to a 12% slope. If that will not accommodate the needed grade change, a vertical drop is required, such as a drop manhole or a tee/wyes with a clean out. Clean outs should be provided every 75' and at every change in direction.
Keep the world flowing ;-)