Pls help...home major alterations...2 bathrooms to be added.

Pls help...home major alterations...2 bathrooms to be added.
My sister is planning on adding 2 bathrooms to her home in the SF Bay Area, California.
Basic bathrooms- similar to what you would find in a track home.
1. This one will have a bathtub and sliding door, toilet and 2 wash basins. Will require medium upgrade bathroom tiles, and on counter and flooring.
2. This one will have a shower stall ( instead of bathtub) and will have 1 wash basin ( instead of 2 ) and toilet.
Can anyone pls give us an "estimate" of how much this would cost ? and generally how long it would take to get it done.
Anything to look out for ? Any pointers, suggestions ?
Thanks in advance for all your help.
Ayesha Hill

Unfortunately, your question is kinda' like asking "how much does a car cost?".
One way to get a rough estimate is to go to the store and pick out all the fixtures, tiles, etc (you are going to have to do that anyway), add it all up and multiply by 3. Or maybe 4 since San Francisco is a high cost area.
A more detailed method would be to get a copy of "National Construction Estimator" or "National Repair and Remodeling Estimator" and work out the prices for each part of the job.
I had Bath Fitters come over once and got a quote of $4,400 to replace one bathtub. Said it would take 1 or 1.5 days.
The current issue of Remodeling magazine says the "average" bathroom remodel costs $30,000.
Steve.
I would suggest about $10,000 each where I live, probably double or more in SF. How big a place is this that you are adding two? Fancy fixtures, marble, granite, designer tile, showcase lighting all add up quick. The only room in the house that costs more is a kitchen.
Big issues: Will they be living in it while the work is going on? How available is it for parking, storage, and delivery? build a room? any load bearing issues? one story, multiple, basement? Wood frame and floors/ slab on grade? Where is water coming from? Where is the waste going to? How do you vent it? Wonderboard, plaster, orgreen rock? Doors, trim, cabinet(s) - stain grade? Matching existing of what vintage? Sufficient electric in existing panel Codes and permits?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ DanG A live Singing Valentine quartet, a sophisticated and elegant way to say I LOVE YOU! snipped-for-privacy@okchorale.org (local) http://www.singingvalentines.com/ (national)