PEX IN SLAB?

As I prepare to plumb my new house, I've been stopping to check out new installations done by professional plumbers. I notice that they run the pex under the slab. I know this is discouraged with other types of plumbing, but with a pex tube there are no joints or splices and it would save me a bit of work.
Any opinions about running pex under a slap?
Thanks, RO
--
Robert Olin
Bob\'s Water & Septic LLC

Done all of the time. This is a very useful manual if you're planning a PEX installation: http://www.toolbase.org/PDF/DesignGuides/pex_designguide.pdf
Read it all before you start buying stuff and doing your layout.

No problem. Just remember to insulate the hot pipes or you have underfloor heating.