Paver installation over concrete patio

If any can help with info on this, thanks.
My concrete patio slops down for rain runoff but slops too much I think. I want to put pavers down but will need to build up with sand over the concrete patio. At the furthest end of the patio it will need to be about 5 inches higher. So I am asking if part of the patio only has say 2 inches of sand and as I go out it get to be up to 5 inches of sand will this work or will the sand drop and everything goes uneven? Thanks

Sand on a sloped concrete slab may very mush be washed away by rains, especially if you tend to have heavy rains in your area. The best would be to rectify the slope with a sand:cement screed, then to install your pavers over an even sand layer. At the lowest end, where the risk of sand running away with rainwater is the highest, set a "sand stop" with a geotextile, synthetic felt (How you call that in the US?) turned up on a small perforated (Not 100% continuous) kerb. Make sure to keep some slope however and not to block the drainage system or else you may get a nice water pond instead of a patio :-) Cheers Daniel
On Fri, 25 Mar 2005 14:40:26 +0700, "Daniel"

Thanks Daniel, I'll try and do that if i install it.