Patio Base

I am getting different advice for installing my patio base. My soil is all top soil and I want to concrete an area 17'x16'. Most of the concrete in the neighborhood, walkways and driveways are cracked or settling. Any advice on what base to use and what depth?

No soil is all top soil. The design should take into account facts which we don't have here. Hire experienced professionals and trades who familiar with the local conditions.
--

MichaelB
www.michaelbulatovich.ca

Explore this site (see the site index). It has example construction for drives, paths, patios, drainage etc. Even has specifications to give a contractor if you are getting someone to do it.
http://www.pavingexpert.com /