painting aspenite?

I applied sheets of aspenite to a basement workshop and would like to paint it white. Can you use water base paint with good results or will oil base paint be the better choice. I am worried about the water base paint raising the grain of the aspenite and making it rougher than it is.

Thanks in advance for any advice

Reply to
bitternut

Just googled 'aspenite'. Here in the UK it's called 'Sterling' board. Don't think I've ever seen it used to build anything but hoardings around sites or temporary buildings (site offices, especially flooring).

Takes a helluva lot of painting to get a half-decent finish. That starts with a good priming. Everywhere.

HTH.

Reply to
Aardvark