Paint brands

I'm redoing my kitchen - mostly paint; walls, cabinets and countertops. In the past I have always used Glidden paints, but my local retailer has dropped the Glidden line in favor of Benjamin Moore. While I'm sure they are excellent paints, I can't stomach paying $50+ for a gallon of paint. They will also be carrying (not in stock yet) Coronado paints which is a BM company. I don't know what these paints will be priced at, but the sales guy said they were the true "Glidden replacement". My second option is California paints. The local lumber/hardware store has carried them for years. Of course I also have access to TrueValue and Ace paints. Are Coronado and California good paint brands. Is one better than the other?
On Jan 11, 9:57 pm, snipped-for-privacy@beeline-online.net wrote:

Never used the stuff, but California Paints is a well-regarded brand. http://www.consumerreports.org/cro/magazine-archive/2010/june/home-garden/paints-stains/overview/index.htm
On 1/11/2011 8:57 PM, snipped-for-privacy@beeline-online.net wrote:

If you were happy with glidden, then i'm sure that any old paint at any price will make you a happy camper. personally, we don't use anything but Kilz from walmart and behr from HD. BM and sherwinwilliams are certainly overrated and not very good paints at that.
--
Steve Barker