Owens Corning Basenent Finishing System

Has anyone here installed it ?
Did a Google search, all it did is confirm my experience. High pressure sales tactics (the local dealer in my area, I'm in NJ - was out of Long Island, Allure Inc).
Sales guy comes over and says if you sign now, I can deduct $10,000 off the price.
Now, mind you, there are NO construction drawings or detailed floor plans or any sort of PRECISE contractual engineering specs. Just sign on the dotted line, we can worry about that later....
yeah right.
You'd think these buffoons would get a clue by the nature of the buyer considering these sort of systems. My house is valued at over $600,000 - most of us who can afford such a home, weren't born yesterday and don't idly sign contracts without knowing what we're committing to.
I'm just wondering if anyone has positive experience with the Owens Corning system ?
Or whether i'm better off just hiring a contractor and provide precise drawings/specs/contractual terms, etc and have them do it the "old fashioned" way.
thoughts ?

I'd have thought the system was less than $10,000 installed, let alone that much of a deduction. I'd pass.
<< .... Or whether i'm better off just hiring a contractor and provide precise drawings/specs/contractual terms, etc and have them do it the "old fashioned" way. >>
YES !!!!!!!!!!!

==>
Yep, you plan out your usage, roll it out, and staple it to the beams. Choose plain or vapor barrier.
--

Christopher A. Young
You can\'t shout down a troll.

.

message
I was thinking that with a name like Wile E Coyote, that you would just order a finished basement from the ACME Basement company. Lou
on 8/13/2007 7:20 AM Lou said the following:

message
No, those ACME products usually turn on the buyer. :-)
--

Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY

Ugly walls too, with a bead strip every 4 feet to hide the seems, what a joke. Looks like a 1960's cheap paneling basement remodel with those bead strips.