Owens Corning Basenent Finishing System

Has anyone here installed it ?

Did a Google search, all it did is confirm my experience. High pressure sales tactics (the local dealer in my area, I'm in NJ - was out of Long Island, Allure Inc).

Sales guy comes over and says if you sign now, I can deduct $10,000 off the price.

Now, mind you, there are NO construction drawings or detailed floor plans or any sort of PRECISE contractual engineering specs. Just sign on the dotted line, we can worry about that later....

yeah right.

You'd think these buffoons would get a clue by the nature of the buyer considering these sort of systems. My house is valued at over $600,000 - most of us who can afford such a home, weren't born yesterday and don't idly sign contracts without knowing what we're committing to.

I'm just wondering if anyone has positive experience with the Owens Corning system ?

Or whether i'm better off just hiring a contractor and provide precise drawings/specs/contractual terms, etc and have them do it the "old fashioned" way.

thoughts ?

Reply to
Wile E Coyote

I'd have thought the system was less than $10,000 installed, let alone that much of a deduction. I'd pass.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

of Long Island, Allure Inc).

Reply to
JohnnyC

Reply to
Gini

Yep, you plan out your usage, roll it out, and staple it to the beams. Choose plain or vapor barrier.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Make sure you specify a rigid ceiling material if you are going to install a suspended ceiling. The materials I saw at HD and Lowes were a joke.... vinyl attached to fiberglass...... sag city.

Reply to
Art
.

messagenews:1OqdnRXNDLeX-iLbnZ2dnUVZ snipped-for-privacy@comcast.com...

I was thinking that with a name like Wile E Coyote, that you would just order a finished basement from the ACME Basement company. Lou

Reply to
Lou

on 8/13/2007 7:20 AM Lou said the following:

messagenews:1OqdnRXNDLeX-iLbnZ2dnUVZ snipped-for-privacy@comcast.com...

No, those ACME products usually turn on the buyer. :-)

Reply to
willshak

Ugly walls too, with a bead strip every 4 feet to hide the seems, what a joke. Looks like a 1960's cheap paneling basement remodel with those bead strips.

Reply to
RickH