OSB with built-in vapor barrier question

In residential construction, walls are typically sheathed with OSB and the outside of the house is then wrapped in Tyvek or a similar housewrap.
Somewhere I saw a product that was OSB with the housewrap bonded to the exterior of the OSB sheet -- imagine a sheet of OSB with a layer of Tyvek glued tightly to it. These sheets were installed just like regular OSB and a special tape -- 4-6 inches wide -- was taped over the seams then the siding was applied. The builder may have applied the tape around openings such as doors and windows, too, though I don't recall.
I don't remember the name of this stuff. Anyone else know what this is called, and, anyone ever used it?
Thanks.
Add pictures here
✖
Couldn' be wrap, Tyvek or otherwise, if it relies on seam joints...
What you're describing sounds like thinsulate.
--
Dave
"Old Redneck" <old snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com> wrote in message
✖
On Feb 4, 7:59 pm, "Dioclese" <NONE> wrote:

Nope, not Tyvek. It's regular OSB with a layer of something laminated on the outside -- that "something" does the same thing as Tyvek, so, when you sheath the house, you nail up this stuff then tape the joints and don't have to fool with fighting housewrap in the wind.
Add pictures here
✖