Old Wooden Building-help

Hi, I am stuck for ideas on this one,there are many possibilies for a fix however none suit me,I would like your opinion.

The building is a lean-to with a 25/25 roof which spans out to about 26 feet wide with a length of 15 feet.

Problem is that the end wall is doubling in on its self,originally I though the whole thing had crept out from the lean-to and had caused the wall the warp,but it is collapsing in the middle where the triangle truss meets the wall frame. On top of this the walls end wall with the problem and side walls are constructed using 3x2inch uprights...lol.other wise a good strong brace could have been cut into the normal 4x2in wall and truss to hold it upright or try to. The height of the roof is about 17 feet ,a fake ceil is one option running a 15 foot bearer to push the wall out and adding a load bearing wall at the lean to end,however would like to keep the high ceiling.

I have put truss bracing across the 25/25 roof near the top and lifted the roof about an inch to fit the horizontal trusses and bolt them in,but the end wall still dose take some weight to my dislike.

How can I keep this end wall straight even if it dose not carry much weight. Rebuild is out of the question.....don't ask about 3x2 walls and 21 1/2 in centers,it must have been an inside government job.

Thanks for any ideas

Reply to
jjbruce

To add to this there is an open fireplace right in the middle or the end wall that is folding in on itself,so a good pole at the end is not an option.

TIA

Reply to
jjbruce

snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote: ...

If it's buckling, it's obviously carrying more weight than it has support for...can't picture exactly the problem from the description, but my inclination is it will take putting in something stiff enough to take the load (doh!) so would venture the cheapest long-term solution if this is actually residence would be to reframe the sucker. Most other alternatives would probably simply be short term pallatives.

Reply to
dpb

Try a picture. Words aren't working for me.

Reply to
CWatters