Old ceiling tile

Does anyone know the proper name for the old perforated beaverboard type ceiling tile? I have only seen it in 12x12 pattern mostly in older buildings and homes. Thanks in advance. K
Like you say......Ceiling Tile. I have put it up in schools before and make sure you get acoustic grade..... The old tile may have asbestos? be careful. Use staples to install. jloomis