"No Sitting" Metal Strips

I have seen a strip of decorative metal placed around planters in commerical areas to discourage people from sitting there. The metal I have in mind isn't tall spikes, but just maybe an inch high with gentle undulations. I assume this to be stock stuff that you just buy and cut to length, but the several people I've talked to (at Home Depot, etc.) say it's custom and needs to be designed and fabricated. Any suggestions?
In Guatemala I have seen broken bottles placed in concrete on top of concrete walls to keep people from climbing over.....hum...ouch.
Put a bench in so that people can sit and look at the flowers.....?
People friendly stuff......
I know, you get the ciggarrette, and bottles, and crap everywhere.... I am dreaming.
I had to put spikes.....about 12 " long into railroad ties to keep 4 wheel trucks from driving on my property and leaving garbage and crap........
It made the newspapaer, and does work......Leave the blunt, flat head up.... No-one gets hurt.....but the tire will be damaged....... Maybe a series of nails with heads up......
jloomis

The building where this will be used is in a depressed part of town, but I still thought I might be able to put something there so it LOOKS decorative even though it has another purpose.
Look at the 33rd picture down in the following link. You can also find it as the 3rd picture under June 12, 2006. Red flowers in a wooden planter. To me, this looks merely decorative and going back to my initial reason for posting this, it doesn't seem to be "custom."
http://www.usemenow.com/web-log/archives/the_antisit/index.html
I would screw some 2x4's on edge.......around the center of the perimeter. If you want, bevel on side......You can set the screws deep. Use some adhesive to attach also......
Oh I have lots of ideas...some pretty comical. good luck. jloomis
Wet Paint Sign.... Fake Doggy Doo...... Chain attached to threaded eyes.....around perimeter.... rubber/plastic snakes......

The building where this will be used is in a depressed part of town, but I still thought I might be able to put something there so it LOOKS decorative even though it has another purpose.
Look at the 33rd picture down in the following link. You can also find it as the 3rd picture under June 12, 2006. Red flowers in a wooden planter. To me, this looks merely decorative and going back to my initial reason for posting this, it doesn't seem to be "custom."
http://www.usemenow.com/web-log/archives/the_antisit/index.html

Look up metal fabricators and ornamental iron in your yellow pages.

Seems you want "anti-sit" technology....
http://www.usemenow.com/web-log/archives/the_antisit/

Clamp bear traps, metal coat hangers cut up and sticking straight up, barbed wire, electric fence, wood sticks, nothing like a sharp stick up the ass.
One member of the DuPont family built a wall with the broken bottle " trim " just outside of Wilmington, DE. The estate is now a health facility with the broken bottles gone. Discouraging unwanted sitters/squatters is one thing, intentionally setting them up for harm is another.
There are numerous ways to discourage loitering or parking your butt on my flower bed, as some one else suggested look at your local yellow pages for ornamental iron or follow one of john loomis's suggestions.