New Makita screwdriver/impact

FYI,

Picked one up at my local Ace store but it seems that they are mostly available in Europe. (Note the above link is Makita, UK; couldn't find it on USA Makita site).

It's technically an impact driver, but I use it to drive and remove difficult philips screws. 1/4" hex bit quick-release collar (lift up to unlock the bit).

It's quite nice, although 2000rpm (single-speed, not dual) is a bit fast to just drive in wall switch and receptacle screws.

7.2v, 1Ah Li-Ion batteries about the size of a medium-size bar of soap.

And the one I got is white! Well, kind of light gray, but not the Makita blue-green.

Soft case with 2 batteries, charger, bits, 1/8"twist drill.

US$100.

Reply to
SparkyGuy

Lots of these on the market now. Look at the selection in Amazon.com for an overview. Leaning towards the Bosch 12V for my next big project.

Joe

Reply to
Joe

Joe sez:

Search for TD020D and nothing comes up.

Here's the page for the screwdriver (Makita UK web site wouldn't show it before...) :

This doesn't use the same old huge 7.2v NiCd batteries they've been using for decades. These are small 2-cell lithium packs.

Bosch makes good drills. I had the first 14.4 cordless and it lasted for years. Still have it.

Sparky

Reply to
SparkyGuy