New house a total loss

Page 1 of 2
There was a "fire" at the job site last night. Total loss. The only thing left standing is the garage walls and trusses, but they're burned, too. Luckily we're insured. I don't want anything to do with that site anymore, though. We'll probably just get out from underneath it and hopefully break even.
-John
Sasquatch wrote:

Are. The only thing left standing _are_ the garage walls and...
Please limit your abortions to your house. The language, unlike you, deserves some respect. Thanks.
Try not to click the following link. Seriously. It's not meant for you. It's to help others understand your misfortune.
http://tinyurl.com/fro9o

thing_s_ left standing

"Those who live in glass houses should not throw stones" (or something like that).
--
Matt

Hey Dummy! You still talkin'?!? I thought I told you to shut up, Dummy! Now you're posting an old post of mine, which was a prank on your low-IQ ass in the first place, and you're passing it off as a new post from me dated 12/06/2006 and spoofing my username just so you can spout insane babble about it. ...and still following me into other discussion groups. Hilarious! Dummy, I'm flattered, but you have to get a life, because that's just sad, yo. I mean, I'm sorry about your low IQ and loser status, but you're not accomplishing anything by hanging out in Usenet groups and trying to compensate for it by talking smack about stuff you know nothing about to people who actually have money to spend on *real* projects. You are *noise* Dummy--useless noise. I think I'd just take my life if I were you--just a suggestion.
RicodJour wrote:

Wow! I just noticed that you actually went to the trouble to create an e-mail address exactly like mine at Yahoo! with just one letter that's different so that you can better stalk and harass, post topics that look like they were created by me, etc. Hilarious! Wow, it's like having my own personal retarded monkey in a cage that I can just watch and laugh at. So instead of linux4all@... you're llnux4all@... Bizarre. Boy, I got you *riled* up, Dummy! I got you worked up *real* good. Just wind you up and watch you go! Very fun.
RicodJour wrote:

Sasquatch wrote:

Does that mean you'll be leaving us now?
--
Art

No. It doesn't mean that. I'll be leaving you, but it's because 99% of the group's posts are worthless. I've encountered two or three helpful people between this group and alt.architecture, and the other 20 or 30 that have been involved in the same threads as me have been totally worthless. They either don't know what they're talking about, or they're belligerent nut cases that talk about everything *but* architecture or construction, or both. I've asked a lot of questions in these groups, and I have not utilized one bit of advice. So it's basically a waste of time. Kind of sad. I dispense juicy morsel after juicy morsel of professional advice in my web design/programming/marketing groups, with countless satisfied "customers" who have had their problems solved thanks to me. Not the case here, especially alt.architecture. And before you suggest that I haven't found any useful information because I'm asking for "free design services," I should tell you that I'm commenting on the activity that I've witnessed in the groups in general, not just pertaining to my questions. So, yeah, I'm leaving, but it's because these groups are a waste of time.
The only thing I can't figure out is why in the world so many losers hang out in these groups just to talk smack when there's no real professional discussion going on. I mean, why not change the group names to alt.losers.lonely or something? I think there's a lot of guys who need girlfriend, wives, new wives, boyfriends--SOMETHING. Sad.
Art wrote:

Whatever the reason, don't let the door hit you in the ass on the way out.
On Sun, 03 Dec 2006 11:39:01 +0000, John Reddy wrote:

Perhaps I missed something. Why the hostility toward this guy?
In any case, doesn't he deserve some slack? Didn't his house just burn down?
Bob
he's a troll with hundreds of fake problems that never happened. That's why.
--
Steve Barker

"Bob" < snipped-for-privacy@dont.spam.me> wrote in message
Bob wrote:

Check his posting history. Start with the earlier threads in the construction and architecture newsgroups. You'll see that people started off responding to him much as they do to any other poster with the normal range of advice and courtesy. It quickly deteriorated from there.
He is delusional in that he thinks he knows more about construction and design than anyone with decades of experience on these newsgroups because he has read some books, that people are out to get him, and does stupid things like change his posting name and ask the same exact questions because he didn't like the answers he got the first time. Then he discounts all of the experience offered in the replies and insults the posters for disagreeing with him. His attitude and overly sensitive argumentative nature quickly got on people's nerves.
The oddest thing is that he supposedly has an architect and builder, yet turns to random people on the Usenet for answers. When people point out that he should be asking the people he's supposedly paying for those answers, he goes ballistic. Not sure why.
In a nutshell, he's made a pain in the ass of himself, made himself a running joke and consequently gets poked in the eye.

No and no. It speaks well of you, Bob, that you are willing to give people the benefit of the doubt. Unfortunately not all people deserve that benefit. You were building a house a while back. How did it turn out?
On Sun, 03 Dec 2006 08:37:33 -0800, RicodJour wrote:

Not done yet but making good progress. Just finishing up masonry. Still need roof shingles, interior doors, wallboard, cabinets, tile, carpet, plumbing fixtures, electrical fixtures,
Move-in supposed to be in March.
Bob
Bob wrote:

Just the little details, eh? ;)

That's the best time of year to move in. The weather is milder and getting better, things starting to bloom. Good luck with it.
Bob wrote:

23 minutes before he posted that his house had burned down he was asking a "vent or faux vent" question. I don't think a house can burn down that quickly. I first thought he was a troll but he doesn't quite fit the definition. He seems to have some real mental issues. This guy is a major nut job. Check his posts.
--
Art

Yes, and in between those events, the first floor collapsed. Definite nutcase.

IGNORE THE TROLLS!
Sasquatch wrote:

I do hope you'll let us all know when you make your last post. We can then start making plans for the party.
--
Art

I glanced at this just because it was by itself. I have been deleting any post relating to his for some time without reading them. I am at a loss to understand why his are read or responded to at all. As long as he gets answers he will keep posting He doesn't want real answers, he gets his kicks out of the aggravation of others Deleting saves storage space too. :)
Just a note for clarification. I did not post this message. (See below.) The message below was posted by someone who spoofed my username and e-mail address. My username is Sasquatch and my e-mail address begins with linux4all, but the poster of this message has username of Sasquatch with username of llnux4all ('i' replaced by 'l'). Someone when to the trouble to open a new Yahoo! e-mail account just for the purpose of misrepresenting themselves as me. I suppose this was a person who did not agree with my opinion in an earlier alt.architecture or alt.building.construction thread. So please disregard any suspect posts made using my username and e-mail address. Thank you.
- John