New Channel 4 Series Needs You...!

Channel 4 Television is currently producing a major new series about what it's like to have the builders in and are looking for builders and homeowners who would like to share their story.
Whether workmen trampled concrete all over your priceless Persian rug or you're a builder run ragged by demanding homeowners, why not drop us a line to tell us about your experiences?
And, if you could do with some help on a current project, building expert Jeff Howell will be on hand to offer advice on how to avoid common pitfalls and problems - completely free of charge.
Call Donnovan on: 0207 907 0895 or email snipped-for-privacy@bettytv.co.uk
http://building-trouble.blogspot.com
All calls will be treated in the strictest of confidence.
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

Betty Donnovan, I have a few questions if you don't mind. Thanks.
Are you looking primarily for horror stories, heart warming stories, stories about photogenic houses (the people who live in them are incidental, and you'd prefer to get rid of the lot and replace them with some comely trained actors who can follow a bloody script), the droll and quixotic character who stumbles their way through a DIY project, or what?
I live in NY. Does not being on the same continent as you hurt my chances of being selected for taping an episode or segment? It would be an excellent way to expense a vacation - NY is lovely around Christmas. We have pretzels. Do come. Bring lots of tape - I have stories on all of the above.
I eventually learned to type (monkeys, Shakespeare (? no one really knows) and all that), but try as I might I can not learn to speak...talk...as our ex-president would have said, conversate in any language other than American. Will you have to translate what I say for your audience? I'd prefer if there were no subtitles. I'm willing to learn my lines phonetically if necessary.
Mr. Howell's completely free of charge advice will certainly attract a valuable exchange of information that will appeal to a wide audience. If you would like, I'll send over a set of plans for Jeff's quantity estimate advice so he can get started. I'll be asking for advice on such things as how much wallboard will be required including a normal amount of wastage for cutting and breakage, how to best schedule trades and create a Gantt chart, how to have my projects (or better yet house) selected for one of those home improvement shows that everyone loves and get free appliances and flooring, and things of that ilk. I realize the show is taped and edited and that the amount of time Mr. Howell - may I call him Jeff since we'll be working together? Thanks - Jeff requires to complete preparations for his advice segment is considerably longer than the amount of air time he will receive. I'm okay with that. If he needs a couple or three more days to finish work on his free advice, that's fine.
Sincerely,
> Are you looking primarily for horror stories,
I believe that elsewhere on the web they (or was it channel 5?) were offering a free "arbitration service" to help get your project back on track.
I did wonder when Opreah was going to do a home making show.
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote in

And you are accepting applications from around the world? I live in Canada, but I am sure I can provide some items of interest for your show -- be sure to tell me when you are flying over, so I can reserve our guest room :-)
--
Murray Peterson