Need to remove my existing driveway

I'm planing to do remove my existing driveway this summer and build new garage on the other side of the house. Does anyone have experience with removing pavement driveway? What tools to use? Any tips? I leave in NJ

Thanks, Jim

Reply to
draku

Jack hammer and a skid loader and a dump truck. Or a jack hammer attachment on the skid loader and a dump truck.

Reply to
Steve Barker

Forgot to add that it's an asphalt driveway.

Reply to
draku

jackhammer may not be required then. Just scoop it up with a toothed bucket on the skid loader.

Reply to
Steve Barker

Reply to
Mike

Fastest & easiest, hire/rent it done. Backhoe & dumptruck. Forget about the skidsteers, they're not easy to run (efficiently) if you've never operated one, and their reach is inadequate for a full size (10~12yards) dumptruck. And like Mike responded; Cheapest: saw and landscape bar with a dumpster. Now that ought to get you into shape, else kill you..........Backhoe & dump should take about an hour and 1/2 for 8'w & 100' long 3~4" deep drive. That's about 10 yards of material. The loader on the backhoe will fracture the AC small enough to fit in the dumptruck. Dan

Reply to
Dan Deckert

Forgot to mention, a lot of operators will use the hoe to fracture the AC into pieces, then rip/pull it up & then load it. It just adds time is all. Different strokes for............... Dan

Reply to
Dan Deckert

With a decent operator, and the ability to have the dump truck next to the hoe (to bucket it right in), is probably the most efficient way to go.

Reply to
rustyjames

"draku" wrote

Oh boy Jim, if you have to ask questions on how to tear out an asphalt drive, I can hardly wait for your questions on how to build a garage.

Reply to
Eddie

You're right about the skid steers. It WOULD take 15 minutes to become very proficient on one.

Reply to
Steve Barker