Need ready-to-use concrete-like product

Hello all

I have a device, used by the public, which is bolted to a horizontal concrete surface. I would like to put a dollop of concrete over its base, mainly for the appearance of security. But I don't want to mix anything with water.

Is there a product I can use that can be shoveled right out of the container, shaped around the base, and have it dry within an hour or two? I couldn't find anything like that at Home Depot the other day.

Thanks.

Paul

Reply to
Paul Drake

Use anchoring cement mixed with latex additive, both available at Home Depot. It replaces the water and will set in half an hour or so. The latex additive adds substantially to the crack resistance, weatherability and adhesive properties of the anchoring cement.

The latex additive is water based, and you're not clear about whether any moisture at all is a problem, or if it's the mixing you don't want to do.

Without more information it is tough to give a definitive answer. Required information: interior or exterior?; thickness of base covering?; base material the cement is supposed to stick to?.

RicodJour

I've seen something in a caulking tube that looks like concrete.

It's not big enough to shovel though.

Reply to
Steve Foley

Would asphalt work?

They sell bags of asphalt at the Borg. They are very much self leveling which may require a form of some type. Once the solvents evaporate it is just like a driveway.

Reply to
DanG

How about coating used for foam like "tuff II"? comes in concrete gray.

Reply to
marson

Why the "no water" thing?

Reply to
Notan

Hi All

Thanks for the suggestions. I will look into all of these at Home Depot tomorrow.

"No water" because I don't want to bother the location owner for the use of his water in his back room for my device. It's an outdoor location.

Paul

Reply to
Paul Drake

If you're talking about a very small quantity of concrete, just use a gallon jug of water.

Reply to
Notan