Need ideas for walk-in shower materials

We have a 5' x 5' walk-in shower in our new house we're building. We're not putting a unit in there, as it's not a standard unit dimension. Ideally we'd like ceramic tile, but now we're trying to cut corners, and we're wondering if there might be in inexpensive solution for wall material and floor base that would make a nice walk-in shower for a few years until we get around to an upgrade. Any advise?
Thanks, John