My house has no overhangs

I bought my first home a year ago. Built in the 1940's, fairly steep shingled roof, newer alum. siding. Only thing is, it has no overhangs at all, and I'm wondering if that is something I should be concerned with? It does have a few vents on the high and low portions on the roof. Some of my window frames were getting rotted out, so I had really heavy-duty alum. gutters installed to prevent further damage.
Mark
aarghmatey wrote:

If the siding and roof were installed properly, this isn't a big deal other than being butt ugly and offering less protection for doors and windows and letting more water get closer to the foundation.
Matt

Positive side, you don't have to worry about high winds getting under the soffit and lifting the roof up.
If the attic ventilation is adequate, don't sweat it.
I like at least a foot of soffit. I like the soffit vent/ridge vent ventilation scheme. Its positive attic ventilation, regardless of the weather or other ventilation aiding schemes. Requires no power aids.
I don't like deep overhangs, despite the dripline extension, despite more shaded area around the home, despite the extended feed to the attic because of more intake area available. Heavy winds can easily pick up the roof. Dave

Thanks for the replies. I'll have to take a look at my attic ventilation - I doubt its getting much ventilation. I can tell you the window frames take a beating from all the weather they see here in MN. The gutters I installed will hopefully stop most of the rot in the frames - not looking forward to digging out the rotted pieces. The house is actually quite attractive without overhangs. Its amazing how much you learn with your first home purchase.
aarghmatey wrote:

It's not easy to find but there is a vented drip edge available for a continuous vent. That with a ridge vent makes for very good combination.
--
Art

Art wrote:

Here's a link http://www.airvent.com/professional/products/intake-ventedDE.shtml