MiraTec question

Anybody have experience using MiraTec ?

I was at Lowes today and saw it there. It seemed reasonably priced, so I wasn't sure if it was the same MiraTec engineered exterior trim found here

They were selling it for less than knotty cedar. It seems anything 'engineered' is a premium price, hence my suspicion.

thanks. btw, posted on alt.home.repair a few days ago, but no response. I apologize for the cross-post.

Reply to
JohnnyC

As a matter of fact, I'm just starting a job replacing the fascia on a house using Miratec

That be it.

Yeah some things seem too good to be true and only time will tell. For the job I'm doing, I let the home owner decide and he's purchasing the material from his local lumber yard, but I did give him a few things to consider.

  1. Chances of finding a straight, decent piece of 1x in a length longer than
4' is damn near impossible.
  1. Miratec, comes in 16' lengths, pre-primed, and is paintable. Which = less labor costs.

So far it seems to install just like wood

Reply to
hawgeye