Michael, can you answer a question?

Page 2 of 2

You also have lots of information we don't have AND a financial incentive, you maroon.
I have no fear. I would have been done by now. I wouldn't have asked in the first place.
--
Steve Barker

YOU should be the one
Steve Barker wrote:

Ya big faker! Admit it. That 2' cantilever's got ya shaking in yer boots. ;)
I'm certainly no engineer, and I know a couple of you are, but 2' don't seem like a big problem to me as long as the joists are 2x10 or 12's and extend back in the room 6' or better. That's just the backwoods engineer in me talking. (it ain't failed me yet). <G>
--
Steve Barker

YOU should be the one

the worst that could happen is a bit of a sag, you could always go in jack it up and add a sonnet or 2 later if it did sag on ya over a few years.
you might have a bigger issue with the header above

Don't forget to repair all the interior finishes. Also keep in mind that the OP wants to saddle someone else with these problems....he's "flipping" it.
Michael Bulatovich wrote:

Right! Once again, that famed carnivore MB has gotten to the meat of the matter.
I'm old fashioned. If you want to buy bullets to kill yourself, well, that's your business. If you want to buy bullets to go kill some unsuspecting poor schmuck who never did anything to you, I have a problem with that.
The OP has proven himself to be a blockhead. I see no reason to assist him in screwing someone else so he can make a few bucks.

I do.

Even if digging a foundation were cheaper and/or faster?

Yes.
It seems you're looking for an, "Oh, sure, use 2x whatever, extend Z feet and do this thing. Simple." answer. One of those I don't have for you. Sorry. There are many factors and your basic assumption - that it'd be cheaper and faster to cantilever - is very possibly wrong. Can't tell for sure because there's not enough information, and I'm not familiar with costs in your area.

Ain't that what I said?