Manual J Help Needed

I recently put a two story addition on my house and the city is requiring me to fill out a Manual J worksheet. I hired a guy to do all the duct work and hook-up to my furance. I also asked him to fill out a Manual J worksheet. Unfortunately, he did not complete it right and the city has rejected it. Does anyone know how to do these calculations:

  1. Htg Load (Btuh)
  2. Clg Load (Btuh)
  3. Htg AVF (cfm)
  4. Clg AVF (cfm)

I have the square footage of each room in the house. I have the form in Excel if anyone wants me to email it to them. Any direction would help. Thank you so much in advance for your advice.

Thanks John

Reply to
PeleSajan

Yes! How much does it pay? Really, I hope you didn't pay him much. If he couldn't do the calcs, how do you know that the furnace will handle the load and that the ducts are sized right?

You need to know more than the sq. ft. of the rooms. You need to know the heat loss/gain of the house/rooms amongst other things.

Reply to
hawgeye