making a custom soffit intake vent

I am considering soffit vent options for aesthetics and to satisfy air intake recomendations. The number of existing 8"x16" soffit vent openings are insufficient based on the 1/150 ratio recommendation. In order to reach the minimum intake and keep some symmetry with existing vent holes in the soffit, I would need to double the amount of intakes and increase the size of vent to a 10"x16" intake. (total net free area for intake40 in2 and currently have 4 soffits vents per side)
I can not find anyone who sells a 10"x16" intake, so I think I could find grating to mount to homemade frame or find a stiff mesh that could be attached to a 10x16 frame. Anyone with experience trying something like this who could offer tips on where to find grating, or what mesh size is best, or how to make a metal framing. A wood frame would protrude a bit from the soffit, but would be easier to make. I don't know how difficult it would be to make a more streamline metal frame. Thanks for any help.
We use cora ridge strip vent material. It does work great... Look it up on the internet...Cora Ridge is a roof vent and the strip vent they makefits well under soffet, and hidden very well.It could be retrofitted too if you are clever. john

jloomis wrote the following:

Did you mean Cobra Ridge?

--

Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY

John,
I've never seen cor-a-vent before, I think I like it.
Tom

Great Stuff.
Roof vent applications and soffet. It is wonderful on a soffet. You can cover the eaves and leave a strip vent in and it almost dissapears...... Hard to describe. Although now we are held to the Fire Regs. No more soffet venting allowed. Sparks follow up and in...... So, gable end vents ok............and Ridge vents ok........ So, now I had to install a small wall at the lower end in a garage, and vent it with gable end vents to provide circulation to the ridge....go figure....... john