Lumber Prices?

I own the lot free and clear, as I bought it as a no perk and got it to perk. I'm considering building myself a house since my business will probably be very slow for at least the next year. I assume material prices are down and will probably keep going down for the foreseeable future which would make this a good time to pound nails. Are any of you guys seeing this. Have you bid any building packages lately?
Also, I'm thinking of publishing a book on soils and septic systems and will talk a lot about perking no perk lots. I'm just wondering if there would be a market for something like that, especially with builders - comments.
Thanks RO
--
Robert Olin
Bob\'s Water & Septic LLC