Lumber Prices?

I own the lot free and clear, as I bought it as a no perk and got it to perk. I'm considering building myself a house since my business will probably be very slow for at least the next year. I assume material prices are down and will probably keep going down for the foreseeable future which would make this a good time to pound nails. Are any of you guys seeing this. Have you bid any building packages lately?

Also, I'm thinking of publishing a book on soils and septic systems and will talk a lot about perking no perk lots. I'm just wondering if there would be a market for something like that, especially with builders - comments.

Thanks RO

Reply to
RO

Yes the prices of lumber are way down. Many retail businesses are shaving the pencil to compete for any sales.

I have bid "Deck" packages and they will range with a 1500.00 difference. Low to High...small bid...

As far as septic goes, we have a lot of septic systems in the area, and many now are high line....and above grade systems. I am sure a book would help those not already in the installation business.

Reply to
jloomis