lumber by the truckload

Can anyone give me a ballpark figure on a truckload of lumber? Considering 2x6 10 foot boards, probably southern pine or so. How many pieces would I get?
On 5/19/2011 8:27 PM, richard wrote:

How big a truck?
Generally, one buys a given number of bd-ft.
A 40' semi 8'W by 6'H would be 72x8x40 ~ 23000 bd-ft
If'en you're talking framing dimensioned lumber, that would equate to roughly 72/1.5 x 8x2 x 40/10 ~ 3000 sticks
On 5/19/2011 9:15 PM, dpb wrote:

While I suspect different mills may use different bundle sizes; I found one that ships all framing lumber tuba-4,6,8 in bundles of N-wide and 21 high w/ bundles of 294, 189, 147, respectively. This works out for bundles of roughly 49"W x 32"H.
I'd expect roughsawn to be roughly same size bundles w/, obviously, fewer pieces per each. Roughly standard bundle sizes expedite shipping so nobody is going to do something that is very far off the norm.
Lumber companies do give estimates....... Send in several and see what comes up. john