Lousy carpeting? Not my fault?

I've been living in the same apartment for five years with two kids. Everything that spills on the carpet leaves a stain--it's unavoidable.
Do landlords install really cheap carpeting to allow this to happen? I'm looking for an answer to why my carpeting is so gross. Thanks in advance.
On 8/25/2012 4:31 PM, geo pearl wrote:

How often do you have the carpets cleaned? When you have a spill, how do you clean it up?
--
I'm never going to grow up.