Lousy carpeting? Not my fault?

I've been living in the same apartment for five years with two kids. Everything that spills on the carpet leaves a stain--it's unavoidable.

Do landlords install really cheap carpeting to allow this to happen? I'm looking for an answer to why my carpeting is so gross. Thanks in advance.

Reply to
geo pearl

How often do you have the carpets cleaned? When you have a spill, how do you clean it up?

Reply to
PeterD