Load bearing wall?

Hello, I read the previous posts on this subject so I'll try and be precise as possible. I have a room above a garage that I want to install double french doors. The opening at the moment is 32" doorway with no door, so I will be extending the opening to 60". The doorway comes off a 4' 6" wide hallway. I checked the garage below the hallway and I can see a large beam that spans the length of the garage running perpendicular to the floor joists above. After further investigation this beam is directly under the opposite wall of the hallway to the doorway I want to widen.This hall runs right down the centre of the apartment. There is no support under the wall I want to widen, also the is no header above the that doorway. Can I assume that the wall in which the doorway is, is not a load bearing wall given that the opposite wall does have the support beams directly below it. TIA, Mike
A load bearing wall carries a load from above. While it is important to have structural elements under a load bearing wall, that has nothing to do with your question. You want to check the joists above the room (ceiling joists?) to see if the wall in question supports them. No header in the existing doorway is a good indication that it is not a load bearing wall, but it is not a good reason to make an error twice. Check.