Lagoon vs septic system?

Anyone out there have a lagoon instead of septic system?

Does a lagoon have some real advantages over septic systems?

My buddy is building a new home and debating what to do

Reply to
me

His AHJ may be the determining factor. Has he checked into the permitting yet?

Steve Barker LT

Hope to buy land that has no restrictions on what is done.

This will be a small 1000 foot get away cabin....semi off grid

Reply to
me

Do you own the lagoon? i.e. your land encompasses the entire lagoon. Does anyone else have legal access to the lagoon? Is it a designated as a watershed? .

Reply to
willshak

No to all

Reply to
me

Then the first one applies. You do not own the lagoon, so you have no right to dump raw sewage into it. Even if you did have the right, I'm sure someone will show up with a summons.

Reply to
willshak

Oops sorry I meant yes to first question

Reply to
me

There still may be county restrictions. Especially out in the sticks.

Steve Barker LT

Since you don't own the lagoon, and it is not (entirely) on your land, I'd suspect that using it would not be a wise move. IMHO, however!

Reply to
PeterD