Lagoon vs septic system?

Anyone out there have a lagoon instead of septic system?
Does a lagoon have some real advantages over septic systems?
My buddy is building a new home and debating what to do
His AHJ may be the determining factor. Has he checked into the permitting yet?

Hope to buy land that has no restrictions on what is done.
This will be a small 1000 foot get away cabin....semi off grid
on 9/5/2007 3:08 PM snipped-for-privacy@privacy.net said the following:

Do you own the lagoon? i.e. your land encompasses the entire lagoon. Does anyone else have legal access to the lagoon? Is it a designated as a watershed? .
--

Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY

No to all
on 9/5/2007 5:26 PM snipped-for-privacy@privacy.net said the following:

right to dump raw sewage into it. Even if you did have the right, I'm sure someone will show up with a summons.
--

Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY

Oops sorry I meant yes to first question
On Wed, 05 Sep 2007 16:26:14 -0500, snipped-for-privacy@privacy.net wrote:

Since you don't own the lagoon, and it is not (entirely) on your land, I'd suspect that using it would not be a wise move. IMHO, however! <g>
There still may be county restrictions. Especially out in the sticks.