Kitchen cabinets

What is the standard height for kitchen cabinets *before* the counter top is put on? I'm being told 32" and that sure seems a bit low.

Reply to
J.C.

35-1/4"
Reply to
Robert Allison

Reply to
Glenn

I build them 34 1/2" unless requested otherwise.

Reply to
Anonymous

"J.C." wrote in news:vmVJg.802136$ snipped-for-privacy@fe01.news.easynews.com:

34 1/2 from the highest point on the floor (uneven floor) along the wall the of cabinets.

The bottom of the upper cabinets are at 53" from the same point above.

Al Bundy

I think 32" is for bathroom cabinets. Kitchen counter tops should be 36" from the floor, so that means cabinets at 34-1/2"

mrsgator88

The counter top needs to finish out at 36" AFF, unless you are deliberately making something unusual and very custom.

Check the base detail and the counter top mounting detail. A 3/4" top would need the cabinet at 35 1/4 and the base might be a separate section, usually 3 1/2" or 4". This would make the casework dimension 31 3/4 or 31 1/4". This casework method can get 6 base cabinet bulk heads from a sheet of material. ______________________________ Keep the whole world singing . . . . DanG (remove the sevens) snipped-for-privacy@7cox.net

Reply to
DanG