Kitchen cabinets

What is the standard height for kitchen cabinets *before* the counter top is put on? I'm being told 32" and that sure seems a bit low.
--
J.C.

Add pictures here
✖
J.C. wrote:

35-1/4"
--
Robert Allison
Rimshot, Inc.

Add pictures here
✖
J.C. wrote:

            <<<__Bøb__>>>
Add pictures here
✖

34 1/2 from the highest point on the floor (uneven floor) along the wall the of cabinets.
The bottom of the upper cabinets are at 53" from the same point above.
http://images.millspride.com/media/pdf/installguide_kit.pdf
Add pictures here
✖
I think 32" is for bathroom cabinets. Kitchen counter tops should be 36" from the floor, so that means cabinets at 34-1/2"

✖
The counter top needs to finish out at 36" AFF, unless you are deliberately making something unusual and very custom.
Check the base detail and the counter top mounting detail. A 3/4" top would need the cabinet at 35 1/4 and the base might be a separate section, usually 3 1/2" or 4". This would make the casework dimension 31 3/4 or 31 1/4". This casework method can get 6 base cabinet bulk heads from a sheet of material. ______________________________ Keep the whole world singing . . . . DanG (remove the sevens) snipped-for-privacy@7cox.net

Add pictures here
✖
Thanks to you all.
--