KB Home - Concrete slab in basement holds water

I understand that a pitch to the sump pump is not required and the basement should be poured level. But my basement has a decline from the middle to the wall farthest away from the pump. The local inspector put a stop order on the house until the problem is fixed. I want to know what the correct solution is not a fix to get it thru the inspector but the long term fix. My father says they should cut out the low area and repour, another person said they should cut for a new sump and another said they might be able to just fill the low spot. Ireally don't want a hack job done to jsut get past the inspection on a house I haven't paid for yet.
So what is the best solution?
Thanks, Phil
If they can not pour a floor, the answer to me is obvious.
I would make them tear out, and redo their mistake.
If you let them get away with this. You are asking for trouble.
I can understand a mistake, but this is a major one.
You have a good inspector, and he is on top of the job. You are lucky. my2cents.
--
please reply to bargerw NO @ SPAM bellsouth.net and remove the NOSPAM

You can move the sump pit, depending on the invert and direction and distance to the sewer connection, or redo the slab to slope to the existing pit.
--

MichaelB
www.michaelbulatovich.ca
On Mar 26, 10:09 am, snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

The local

Wow it must really be bad. Will you be having rooms framed in down there?...better hire a good carpenter.... Contrary to popular belief no concrete floor is completely "flat" except those that need to be for specific manufacturing facilities. But to answer your question do you really want a floor that is going to be noticeably different in levels? with due respect to your father "Filling" the low spot is not the answer either. Do you plan to be able to use this basement as a "finished" space eventually? maybe some day? then the floor must come out. Yea you could level it if it were and small area but the area you speak of is huge. Water must and will go somewhere and in your plans the water is to go into the sump. A skilled contractor can make the whole room drain to the sump without it being a noticeable pitch, you would be surprised how little pitch water needs to move. Get rid of the Concrete contractor if they did that bad the first time what do you think the next is going to be like? Good luck http://palmisanoconcrete.com