joist question

this may sound very trivial, but would a 2x10 floor joist be damaged in any way by staples ?
i want to run a cable tv line under the crawl space but don't want it laying on the ground. so the plan is to staple it, or use screw in cable clamps - to the 2x10 joists
would this create any structural defects in the joist (load bearing capability, etc) ??? (since i know that you're not supposed to drill holes in the part under tension - so would screw/staples be something that could also damage the joist?)
TIA

Staple away. This is done all the time, often for more than one wire.
Take a look at your ceilings. All that sheetrock is attached to the joists with nails or screws every 8".
On Sep 27, 9:47 pm, "Dr Zachary Smith"

As Mr. Pawlowsky says, staples, nails and screws are not going to reduce the structural capacity of the joists. If you plan to notch or drill holes in the joists, ask for advice. T
Dr Zachary Smith wrote:

Hmmm, Nails, staples, even some holes it'll take it without any concern.

My personal opinion, would use clamps designed for round coax cable, normally used with cable TV. These can be nailed or screwed. Use appropriate nails if you may change your mind in the routing, will pop out easily with a claw hammer. Dave

Will be using those clamps.
Thanks to all those who responded.
Much obliged

No problem with this but.. make sure the wires aren't near the top or bottom of the joist - keep them in the middle vertically - at least the length of a floorboard nail away from the top!
Dr Zachary Smith wrote:

No, this won't cause any serious reduction in joist capacity.
Matt
I wondered this myself. The other posters don't have a concern. But if you have existing wiring going through the joists like I did, you might try and follow it.
I also tried to use the cross bracing on the joists, rather than the joists, when I ran cable perpindicular to the joists.

Your furnace might blow up. You better contact a pro.