Is Home Depot shafting shoppers? "Home Depot is a consistent abuser of its customers' time."

Page 4 of 4
Hey Frank.
Stop by for a beer sometime.
I was suggesting that a kiosk(sp?) be installed in every store that lists the parts and where or what aisle and section the part is located.
You should be able to do it once and be essentially the same for every store for 95% of the parts.
And if it works, you could sell a little advertising space on it to pay for it.
Deke
On 15 Mar 2007 20:50:26 -0700, "Stephen Blackpool"

Stephen Blackpool wrote:

http://moneycentral.msn.com/community/message/thread.asp?board=YourMoney&ThreadId "3248&BoardName=Hide&header=SearchOnly&Footer=Show&LinkTarget=_parent&pagestyle=money1&ForumId&BoardsParam=Page%3D322
Mr Blake might want to try listening to his employees - and not just managers. My son worked in a HD in NJ years ago. He and all the regulars saw what was going on and predict the decline. Many also left for Lowes. Perhaps giving every employee a book or two - Like Good to Great might help.
Lou
On 15 Mar 2007 20:50:26 -0700, "Stephen Blackpool"

imho:
What scares me, as a trades person, why would you put your liablity on the line giving out professional advice to a DIY'er?
When I hear a home owner did what an orange aproned person told them, I immediatly want to see it. I've found wronge breakers, outlets with no grounds, etc. What if someone died? Would HD take the rap?
tom @ www.Consolidated-Loans.info
Just Joshin wrote:

The advice is almost always verbal so the giver of advice can say the taker did not remember correctly.
Lou
I tried to watch an electrician bend conduit in a coffee processing plant and he stopped working and commented "If I let you see me bend conduit I'm afraid I'll lose my job to you"!