Installing a cultured stone wall behind wood stove question

I am going to install a owen corning cultured stone wall behind our woodstove. I was wondering what should I put behind the metal lathe to protect the old gypsum wall. I seen some 60 minute paper in the brick sectionof HD. Is this good enough. Also how should I attach the metal lathe to the wall, besides the studs. Is a good length staple good enough or is there something better to use? the link for this product is www.culturedstone.com
I seen some 60 minute paper in the brick

I donot know what this is???? Regular tar paper over the wall is fine. then the wire then the brown coat the the stone.
Also how should I attach the metal

like from a hand staple gun or a air gun that you would put stucco paper on with? Think of the weight that is going to be "hanging" from what ever you use......using an air gun a 1" staple will work, galvanized nails will also work (into the studs only) nailing in the field will not hold anything.