How to trim widows with arch (semi-circle) top?

If he were, I bet you the big pussy would only eat the white meat.

RicodJour

You'll note I said we're chewing up the cheap ones. I don't have that kind of dough.

At a tournament last summer a kid on the ice shattered a stick, and a guy sitting near me yells, "Not TWO f*%$ing sticks in ONE game! They're $250 each!"

Reply to
Michael Bulatovich

What's the main advantage of the composite sticks? Is there really any significant advantage for anyone short of the pros?

Thanks for answering some questions for the hockey-clueless (me).

RicodJour

And you want to know how to "trim widows"? Yikes! ...Then again, sounds kinky. ;)

It's quite possible Don meant something like 'attention-span' or 'lifestyle'.

babble that I

What about killfiles and spam-filters? Aren't you supposed to be a web-developer? Is Don constantly changing his name or IP so that you inadvertently land on his posts (and proceed to read them to their very conclusions)?

I think that that particular "13" year old was stalking them. ;)

I happened to have inadvertently caught some of that show, myself, by the way. At first I thought it was an act. Maybe it was.

In any case, it is entirely possible (actually, I have a personal anecdote) that some 13 year old girls fantasize about and want sex with older males, and while my knowledge of some kinds of history is limited, it's also possible that females of the past (and maybe even presently in some cultures) were getting pregnant and having families very early in age.

When I was 13, I started a newspaper route that had me delivering to a delicious assortment of sexy female bachelors with their own apartments, and I can assure you that, if anyone had to know if anything transpired, the cops and Dateline would be some of the furthest removed. :)

Civil disobedience is available for those whose ethical compasses transcend laws.

*Their* media, not necessarily mine.

they're talking

Try alt.psychology too. Maybe they can give you free advice on how to build a private practice.

Reply to
Warm Worm

Weight, then amount/consistency of flex in the shaft.

Most kids play with a 1-piece or 2-piece composite around here. The two piece allows you to replace the blade, which generally wears out first for smaller kids, but keep the shaft. When you get bigger and stronger, the shafts start to go before the blades, so you generally switch to 1-piecers, as the shafts are most of the cost, and the 1-piecers perform flex more evenly through the length. If you watch an NHL game you'll see numerous shafts disintegrate. The "woodies" really stand out these days, though there are pros who still use them, and some dads who won't shell out for the new-fangled stuff for the kid.

It's like any sport that involves moving quickly: the lighter your stuff is, the faster you are without additional training. The faster you are, the more success you can have, all other things being equal.

Reply to
Michael Bulatovich

schizo babble that I

directly at my home

Internet, they're talking

Reply to
Sasquatch

One of my points being that, if you were my Dad (perish the thought of you on alt.architecture barking insults and fanning the flames, though, but maybe you don't tell) and I'd have been regularly "experimenting" at 13 y/o with this luscious 23 y/o hottie newspaper customer, and loving every second of it, there'd not a thing you could do about it if you didn't know about it. And let's face it, I think there are many kids who would rather not think about their parents "experimenting" with each other, either, whether gay, bi or straight. Yikes! ;D

I realize that perhaps, to quote you: "...those are harsh words, but sometimes the truth is pretty painful", Dad.

schizo babble that I

directly at my home

Internet, they're talking

Reply to
Warm Worm

For all we know, you and Don could drink Ken out of house and home and make him lose his shirt.

Is that like an authentic western saloon?

Reply to
Warm Worm

:D

He'd probably want a cute little gravy-boat too... and a sprinkle of parsley, pink napkins and a candelabra.

Reply to
Warm Worm

It's sort of like this place. Google "Callahan's Crosstime Saloon".

RicodJour

I recognize some of those characters from my days of slinging beer across the bar at Seattle's Blue Moon Tavern.

One of favorite "Moon" stories is the day two guys in white coats came in looking for a paranoid schizophrenic who had escaped from Western State Mental Hospital. The bartender (not me) who was usually stoned on a low dose of LSD asked if he could help the two gentlemen. They described the person they were seeking. The bartender looked at them with his eyes twinkling and said, "We have a couple of paranoid schizophrenics in here right now, but none who match the description." The two white coats turned and walked out.

Reply to
Bob Morrison

See? You are already trained for the part, Bob! Did you read about Callahan's drink pricing structure?

BTW, since it's a virtual bar, your pay will be virtual and we trust you to pay your virtual taxes on your income. If you don't, there's virtually nothing that can be done.

There's also a rather strict employment condition. If you're too drunk to sling the drinks, we'll help out behind the bar - if that's okay with you, of course. I hope that's not a deal breaker.

RicodJour

Not a problem. Our usual requirement for bartenders at the Moon was to stay one drink behind the average consumption so that you could always say that you were more sober than the average customer. Occasionally that could get away from you so the one of the regular patrons would step in and tend bar for awhile until the regular guy had a chance to either sober up or get even more wasted. We only had to "86" our own bartenders a few times in the 20+ years I was an owner.

Reply to
Bob Morrison

Oh. I hadn't realized you'd already dined with "Dapper Don". That cigarette holder of his has to go - it's over the top. I liked the spats, though.

RicodJour

Tell Richard I don't do anything little. Our gravy boat is a barge.

I likes me some gravy.

Reply to
Don

Yes but a whole barge?! ...Well, ok... (enjoy)...

Bring your guitar:

Warm Worm

Can you explain how you can e-mail someone at their home address? I always thought postal mail went to home addresses and emails went to email addresses (which technically are on a server until you retrieve them.)

Reply to
Art

He runs his own server?

Reply to
Warm Worm

Then everyone that emails him emails him at his home address, no?

Reply to
Art

Mu?

...or...

I've never had the need or desire to email him before, so anything I don't send, he won't receive?

"The hacker jargon term mu (meaning neither yes nor no), can be used to accurately respond to a question of this sort, saying that the question asked carries incorrect assumptions... A common way out of this argument is to not respond with a simple 'yes' or 'no' answer, but with a full statement that also includes context. To use an earlier example, a good response to the question 'Do you still beat your wife?' would be either 'I have never beaten my wife' or 'I do not have a wife.' This removes the ambiguity of the expected response, therefore nullifying the tactic."

;D

Reply to
Warm Worm