How to trim widows with arch (semi-circle) top?

Page 4 of 5
Warm Worm wrote:

It's sort of like this place. Google "Callahan's Crosstime Saloon".
In a previous post RicodJour wrote...

I recognize some of those characters from my days of slinging beer across the bar at Seattle's Blue Moon Tavern.
One of favorite "Moon" stories is the day two guys in white coats came in looking for a paranoid schizophrenic who had escaped from Western State Mental Hospital. The bartender (not me) who was usually stoned on a low dose of LSD asked if he could help the two gentlemen. They described the person they were seeking. The bartender looked at them with his eyes twinkling and said, "We have a couple of paranoid schizophrenics in here right now, but none who match the description." The two white coats turned and walked out.
--
Bob Morrison, PE, SE
R L Morrison Engineering Co
Bob Morrison wrote:

See? You are already trained for the part, Bob! Did you read about Callahan's drink pricing structure?
BTW, since it's a virtual bar, your pay will be virtual and we trust you to pay your virtual taxes on your income. If you don't, there's virtually nothing that can be done.
There's also a rather strict employment condition. If you're too drunk to sling the drinks, we'll help out behind the bar - if that's okay with you, of course. I hope that's not a deal breaker.
In a previous post RicodJour wrote...

Not a problem. Our usual requirement for bartenders at the Moon was to stay one drink behind the average consumption so that you could always say that you were more sober than the average customer. Occasionally that could get away from you so the one of the regular patrons would step in and tend bar for awhile until the regular guy had a chance to either sober up or get even more wasted. We only had to "86" our own bartenders a few times in the 20+ years I was an owner.
--
Bob Morrison, PE, SE
R L Morrison Engineering Co
Warm Worm wrote:

If he were, I bet you the big pussy would only eat the white meat.
RicodJour wrote:

:D
He'd probably want a cute little gravy-boat too... and a sprinkle of parsley, pink napkins and a candelabra.
Warm Worm wrote:

Oh. I hadn't realized you'd already dined with "Dapper Don". That cigarette holder of his has to go - it's over the top. I liked the spats, though.
"RicodJour"> wrote

Tell Richard I don't do anything little. Our gravy boat is a barge.
I likes me some gravy.
Don wrote:

Yes but a whole barge?! ...Well, ok... (enjoy)...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:KittyKittyBangBang.jpg
http://flickr.com/photos/oster/130538928/in/photostream / http://flickr.com/photos/sheridaniscool/161261494 / http://flickr.com/photos/cariephoto/135102918 / http://flickr.com/photos/cherryvega/231440016 / http://flickr.com/photos/dancharvey/21838309 / http://flickr.com/photos/oster/130538895 / http://flickr.com/photos/cherryvega/231443097 / http://flickr.com/photos/nbphotoflash/237451642/in/photostream / http://flickr.com/photos/shooz/263004775 / http://flickr.com/photos/50268033@N00/70660857 / http://flickr.com/photos/dancharvey/21838309 /
http://files.dmusic.com/28562835.1b8f085652d142f4005b97028a5d5ef9/music/m/e/mentalfunk/The_RitzMix.mp3
Bring your guitar: http://flickr.com/photos/sheridaniscool/161299962 /
"RicodJour"> wrote

Same here, cept he can yank his britches if he wants, its his home. I however will keep mines on. heh
Squashedsack is showing everyone what he's really all about. Now we all know why he's not getting along with his *architect* and contractor.
Don wrote:

I'm getting along with them just fine. The only problems I'm having are caused by mentally ill unemployeed dudes harrassing me in Usenet discussion groups.
- John
I've been

Lying bastard.
Don wrote:

There have been at least two such comments in the past, including, most recently, the comment in which you said, "You have the lifespan of a TV commercial." What does that even mean? My life's going to be cut short? Do you know something I don't, psycho? ...or is that just incoherent schizo babble that I should just ignore? Another comment several weeks ago was even more direct and threatening. And the other claims are not disputed. (i.e. e-mailed directly at my home address, followed to unrelated newsgroups and harassed.) Face it. You're an Internet stalker and a psychopath. That's what you are. Deal with it. I know those are harsh words, but sometimes the truth is pretty painful, and if you look at the previous threads you'll find that I have never had a harsh word to say to anyone until after repeated unprovoked attacks.
I've forwarded your previous posts. Who knows? Maybe they'll dedicate a special edition of Dateline just for you, right after the part where they arrest the dudes stalking 13-year-old girls. So, when you hear in the media about all the terrible predatory activity that takes place on the Internet, they're talking about you, psycho!
- John
Sasquatch wrote:

And you want to know how to "trim widows"? Yikes! ...Then again, sounds kinky. ;)
It's quite possible Don meant something like 'attention-span' or 'lifestyle'.

What about killfiles and spam-filters? Aren't you supposed to be a web-developer? Is Don constantly changing his name or IP so that you inadvertently land on his posts (and proceed to read them to their very conclusions)?

I think that that particular "13" year old was stalking them. ;)
I happened to have inadvertently caught some of that show, myself, by the way. At first I thought it was an act. Maybe it was.
In any case, it is entirely possible (actually, I have a personal anecdote) that some 13 year old girls fantasize about and want sex with older males, and while my knowledge of some kinds of history is limited, it's also possible that females of the past (and maybe even presently in some cultures) were getting pregnant and having families very early in age.
When I was 13, I started a newspaper route that had me delivering to a delicious assortment of sexy female bachelors with their own apartments, and I can assure you that, if anyone had to know if anything transpired, the cops and Dateline would be some of the furthest removed. :)
Civil disobedience is available for those whose ethical compasses transcend laws.

*Their* media, not necessarily mine.

Try alt.psychology too. Maybe they can give you free advice on how to build a private practice.
I hope you don't have any children.
Warm Worm wrote:

Sasquatch wrote:

One of my points being that, if you were my Dad (perish the thought of you on alt.architecture barking insults and fanning the flames, though, but maybe you don't tell) and I'd have been regularly "experimenting" at 13 y/o with this luscious 23 y/o hottie newspaper customer, and loving every second of it, there'd not a thing you could do about it if you didn't know about it. And let's face it, I think there are many kids who would rather not think about their parents "experimenting" with each other, either, whether gay, bi or straight. Yikes! ;D
I realize that perhaps, to quote you: "...those are harsh words, but sometimes the truth is pretty painful", Dad.

Sasquatch wrote:

Can you explain how you can e-mail someone at their home address? I always thought postal mail went to home addresses and emails went to email addresses (which technically are on a server until you retrieve them.)
--
Art

Art wrote:

He runs his own server?
Warm Worm wrote:

Then everyone that emails him emails him at his home address, no?
--
Art

Art wrote:

Mu?
...or...
I've never had the need or desire to email him before, so anything I don't send, he won't receive?
"The hacker jargon term mu (meaning neither yes nor no), can be used to accurately respond to a question of this sort, saying that the question asked carries incorrect assumptions... A common way out of this argument is to not respond with a simple 'yes' or 'no' answer, but with a full statement that also includes context. To use an earlier example, a good response to the question 'Do you still beat your wife?' would be either 'I have never beaten my wife' or 'I do not have a wife.' This removes the ambiguity of the expected response, therefore nullifying the tactic."
;D