How to tarnish a shinny tin building

Having just added on to a galvanized metal building, the new metal is a real contrast to the existing structure. Anyone know of an environmentally safe wash, that can be used to age the new galvanized metal for at least a little better match?
If not, any ideas on how to best prep the new and old metal for paint?
Vinegar....... Try a piece of new galvanized, and then wet it with vinegar, let it sit, and then wash........ Acid takes off the finish.... jloomis

I thought of that too but wouldn't that leave it splotchy? I can't see how you could get if even.

Thats what aging is all about. The appearance is never regular, and it does have rust spots etc. I did an art project for an artist, and we used old tin to build a barn. 1860 vintage prairie barn. I have pics of it and it came out nice. We put a roof on the building with "new plastic roofing" (greenhouse type) and then covered it with the old rusty tin characteristic of praire barns in that vintage. So in this case it was to make it look old....... jloomis

and
..and then paint it quick or it will rust.

real
little
It's difficult to paint galvanised metal. Last time I tried it was like trying to paint a wax candle with water based paint. I tried to degrease it with different things but nothing worked.
Perhaps different things on some scraps...
http://www.ehow.com/how_14414_paint-galvanized-metal.html
http://ths.gardenweb.com/forums/load/metal/msg0113590826727.html
http://www.finishing.com/65/90.shtml
Says it must weather for 6 months before painting... http://www.columbiapaint.com/galvanized_metal.php

You can try salt water or hydrogen peroxide. If you are going to paint the galvanized metal it needs to be "etched" with a product that tin benders use to put on the metal before it gets painted. Vinegar might do the same thing. Experiment.
Maxwell wrote:

Painting won't last. Use a deglosser on it and leave it alone.
http://www.cornerhardware.com/deglosser_prepaint_bonder_1_pt./6746_6930_7632/17185
--
Robert Allison
Rimshot, Inc.

Thanks for ALL the suggestions guys. I really appreciate it.
I have picked up a couple of Klean Strip products, Tri-sodium Phosphate Substitute and Phosphoric Prep & Etch. I plan to experiment with these and vinegar, hydrogen peroxide, and salt water as well. If anyone thinks of anything else, let me know. I'll be back in a week or so to let you know how they worked.
> I have picked up a couple of Klean Strip products, Tri-sodium Phosphate

how
Yogurt perhaps? Used for matching new and old roof tiles. Gets the bugs going.. http://www.roofconsult.co.uk/articles/tiling/tips6.htm

That's an unusual angle. Grow microbes!