How to remove concrete from vinyl garage door?

I just recently had my driveway replaced with a concrete one. While pouring the concrete, the contractors splashed spots of concrete all over my garage door. The spots are about 1/4 inch to 1/2 an inch. I tried using a plastic scraper to remove it, but that only partially works. I've also read that you can use muriatic acid to soften the concrete, but I'm wondering how effective that is. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Muriatic acid is HCl (Hydrochloric acid). It will probably soften the concrete, and eat a hole in your door.
On Sun, 02 Jul 2006 11:01:01 -0400, Mike Robinson wrote:

That depends on what concentration of solution of HCL. I'm going to try vinegar first, and if that doesn't work, a weak solution of HCL, probably ~ 10% to start off with.
Dilute the HCL with water about 40% water will still be okay and use a stiff brush (not wire in this case) to brush the concrete stains away. Rinse well with clear water after brushing.
<%= Clinton Gallagher NET csgallagher AT metromilwaukee.com URL http://www.metromilwaukee.com/clintongallagher /

driveway, or you'll be calling the contractors back to lay another, when they'll undoubtedly splash the garage door with concrete (repeat ad nauseum...) Once you're finished, a rinse with washing soda will neutralise the acid, sprinkle more on the plastic to neutralise the splashes before disposal.
Dave H. (The engineer formerly known as Homeless)

It wouldn't be a repeat because this time he would learn that if you clean off the concrete within a couple of hours it comes off easily with water. And the longer you wait to clean it, the harder it gets.
Steve.
On Sun, 02 Jul 2006 20:48:57 +0000, Dave H. wrote:

Great advice!
Before you try acid, try spraying one of the spots with some type of oil..penetrating oil or maybe some spray silicone. If the door is VINYL, this may soften up the crete enough to simply wipe it off
BTW, I ve never seen a vinyl garage door

On Mon, 03 Jul 2006 06:23:37 +0000, Rudy wrote:

Thanks, I'll give it a try before the acid.

I have a great suggestion:
Pick up the phone, call the contractor and tell him he has a choice of restoring your garage door to original condition or buying you a new one. Why are you cleaning up his mess?
On Mon, 03 Jul 2006 12:22:07 +0000, John Reddy wrote:

Yes, I'd already done that. Still waiting to hear back from the contractor. I still owe about $500, so I still have some leverage.
-Thanks