How do I install a drain in my detached garage?

Hi, I have a concrete slab poured for my garage floor. The garage is detached. Every winter I park cars in the garage and the snow melts and pools water on the concrete which also flows towards wooden shelves which happily soak up some of the water which makes for a nice musty smell.
Question: How would I go about installing a drain. Also, would it even work in the winter? (The garage isn't heated.) I'm afraid if I put a hold in the concrete floor somehow, water will actually come up from the bottom! :(
Ideas?
On Feb 4, 2:32pm, snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

I suggest you put some bricks under the edges of your shelves to hold them off the concrete and be done with it.

This was discussed a couple of months ago in alt.home.repair. Here's a pointer to that discussion: http://www.google.com/url?url=http://groups.google.com/g/61c7feea/t/adcdfc289eccac5b/d/e9682a05d5898167%3Fhl%3Den%26q%3Dgarage%2Bdrain%2Bsand%2B-lamp%23e9682a05d5898167&ei=FQCKSdfwL4Lo-QHlmNWyDA&sa=t&ct=res&cd=1&source=groups&usg QjCNFjm1SmPlETzzApRUimOqAeBHWAkg
Put bricks under your shelf. That problem disappears immediately
It's possible that water would come up from below, but unlikely. Do you have swampy soil?
Check with concrete companies about grinding a proper 1/4"-per-foot slope toward the door. The only problem I know with this solution is that the door might freeze to the concrete.
--
Steve Bell
New Life Home Improvement